Tuesday 1 March 2011

Welcome

Having promised I would do this from September I am finally getting round to starting a blog. The title comes from the Bruce Springsteen song 'The Rising' where he talks about living in a garden of 1000 sighs. It inspired me as a good way to look at our world. There is so much that is beautiful, admirable and noble in our world but also so much that causes us to sigh or groan with the rest of the creation as we look forward to the day when everything is made new. I hope to reflect on some of the beauty as well as some of the pain of living the Christian life in the second decade of the 21st century. I can't promise regular posts yet (I'm new to all this) but I look forward to seeing if anything I do write strikes a nerve or maybe even helps someone.

2 comments: